2014-11-21

Accuracy tesing 3D scanner



I want to know how well the Sense 3D scanner together with the Skanect software (since the Sense software only works on one computer per scanner and is pretty much crap without CUDA) captures mechanical dimensions.
Both in terms of absolute dimensions in millimeters (scaling of the entire part) and in terms of relative sizes of components to each other.

As a first test I scanned my camera. It's a small object and I had an error of about 10mm for a 130x70mm part in all 3 dimensions. Not very good.


Then I scanned my face.
Cleaned up that scan in Skanect, then NetFabb, then Meshlab (because the free NetFabb version doesn't allow you to fix some errors unless you buy the pro version).
Then imported that mesh into Geometric Design (my CAD program with 3D scanner and -printer integration).
Designed a mask with no allowance (not even under the nose or in the eyes).
Printed that mask on my Ultimaker II using default settings.
result?  It fits my face perfectly!

I'm currently waiting for a FabScan Cube to also scan small objects, where the Sense failes and am waiting for Skanect to support my higher resolution Kinect V2 for Windows. (I'll try the libfreenect2 software on MacOS/Linux next week.)




Keine Kommentare: