2011-06-15

still sound issues and upcoming video

After the bad echo in the EasterHegg Video I'm currently testing a new, good microphone and playing around with some cheaper ones to learn more about sound.
At first I wanted to go with a lavalier but everyone told me to get a headset instead. After thinking about it for a long time, I did indeed settle on a headset because I can freely move around without the microphone ever moving relative to my mouth.
The new mic is a Countryman Isomax H, a hypercardoid headseat.
In the video shots it is more visible then I hoped it would be but I guess that's still okay.
However it is absolutely great for not picking up any sound that is anything else but my voice.
I made a short recording in a small hotel room with lots of echo and heavy contruction work going on next door. (Use the left-right balance to switch between the Zoom H4n microphones and the Countryman. You probably have to use a good headphone.)


One of the cheap microphones I'm playing around with is a chinese copy of a Shure Beta series handheld supercardoid.
it is with this one that I noticed another issue with my Zoom H4n field recorder:
it does have a 50Hz humming whenever I touch the metal microphone or even just the
unconnected XLR plug.
I found a way to rewire that cheap microphone and a solution to this humming.
That is why I'll be releasing another short HOWTO video about this modification first,
before giving the the (already prepared) PCB-milling with a Thing-o-Matic video.

Next in line are a multi-part video (stupid Youtube 15 minutes length limit) detailing step by step the assembly of a Thing-o-Matic
and I'm preparing to upgrade my RepMan to a dual-head system and will of cause document that in detail too.




(Use the left-right balance to switch between the Zoom H4n microphones and the Countryman. You probably have to use a good headphone.)

Keine Kommentare: